Nikhil S. Agharkar
- Email Nikhil S. Agharkar
Nikhil S. Agharkar, Esq., a resident of Essex County, NJ, is an associate at Seigel Law. He concentrates practice in the area of personal injury litigation.
Originally a native of Syracuse, New York, and Princeton, New Jersey, Nikhil (Nik) graduated from Carnegie Mellon University with a double major in Economics and Ethics, History, and Public Policy. After graduating, Nik attended Whittier Law School, where he earned a Juris Doctorate. During law school, Nik was a member of the Whittier Law Review and the Moot Court Honors Board. He was admitted to practice before the state courts of California in 2006, New York in 2008, and New Jersey in 2009.
After completing law school, Nik began fighting for the rights of the severely injured, representing thousands of disabled Americans before the Social Security Administration. He then began working for the Social Security Administration, advising Administrative Law Judges on substantive aspects of the Social Security Act, as well as assisting them in determining the disability status of several thousand American citizens. After a brief stint consulting New York City on its policy towards disabled New Yorkers, Nik went on to join Bendit Weinstock, a well-established litigation botique in West Orange, New Jersey. There, Nik gained invaluable trial skills as he served those seriously injured by someone else’s negligence. Currently, Nik is a part of the litigation team at Seigel Law, and concentrates his practice in personal injury litigation; including motor vehicle accidents and premises accidents of all natures.
Past Employment Positions
- Trial Attorney, Bendit Weinstock (2016-2017)
- Trial Counsel Attorney, Frekhtman & Associates (2015-2016)
- $3,500,000 pre-trial settlement for a severe brain injury
Honors and Awards
- Whittier Law Review
- Moot Court Honors Board
- Social Security Administration Commissioner ROC Award
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Jersey Association for Justice
- Essex County Bar Association
- South Asian Bar Association (Executive Board Member)
- Trial Attorney, Bendit Weinstock 2016-2017
- Trial Attorney, Frekhtman & Associates 2015-2016
- Project Manager, MAXIMUS 2015
- Social Security Administration 2011-2015
- Binder & Binder 2006-2011