Our Lawyers Represent Patients Injured by Unsafe Drugs and Medical Devices in New Jersey
Let our lawyer-doctor review your medical product defect claims
Prescription drugs and medical devices have the power to change your life forever. They might heal your ailments, reduce your pain or otherwise improve your quality of life. However, an unsafe drug or defective medical device can cause you substantial and potentially irreversible harm.
Seigel Law is a Ridgewood-based practice that has exclusively handled personal injury and medical malpractice claims in Hackensack, Fair Lawn, Teaneck, Garfield, Fort Lee, Newark, Jersey City, Paterson, Elizabeth and Clifton since our founding in 1976. Our lawyers can take on the big corporation responsible for producing the drug or device that injured you. Unlike a member of a class action, as a plaintiff you retain a personal right to an individual lawsuit for injury from an unsafe drug or defective medical device.
The following unsafe drugs are under review:
- Testosterone. Recent studies show that males using “Low T” medication such as Andro Gel may be twice as likely to suffer heart attacks or strokes.
- Risperdal. Young boys who have been prescribed Risperdal may develop male breasts.
- Zoloft. Women who have taken this drug during pregnancy may have delivered children with birth defects.
- Yaz. Approved for contraception or moderate acne, this drug increases the risks of cardiovascular events.
- Januvia. Studies have shown a link between this drug and pancreatic cancer.
- Pradaxa. Used as a blood thinner, it may cause severe or uncontrollable and sometimes fatal bleeding.
- Lexapro. Used as an anti-depressant, if taken during pregnancy it may cause the delivery of children with birth defects.
- Fosamax. Prescribed to improve bone density, this drug has been linked to femur fractures and breakdown of the jaw bone.
- Byetta. This drug has been tied to risk of causing pancreatic cancer.
- Actos. Used to treat type 2 diabetes, this drug may cause bladder cancer.
- Oxy elite. This dietary supplement may cause liver injury.
Dangerous medical devices
The following dangerous medical devices are under review:
- Hip replacement devices. Some hip replacement devices known as “metal on metal” are defective and can cause injury and pain as well as require corrective surgery. Some brand names included are:
- DePuy Asr
- DePuy Pinnacle
- Stryker Rejuvenate ABG II
- Vaginal mesh. Patients undergoing pelvic organ prolapse repair with a surgical mesh are at greater risk for complications and infections.
Recover for injuries you sustained because of unsafe drugs and medical devices
Seigel Law is a premier PI and medical malpractice law firm. If you have been injured by a defective drug or medical device, call us today at 201.444.4000 or contact us online to schedule your free initial appointment with our lawyer-doctor at our Ridgewood, NJ office. Our lawyers are also available to visit you in your home or at the hospital if necessary. Our contingency arrangement means you are not charged attorney fees unless we recover damages through a verdict or settlement.