NJ Car Accident Lawyers Fight for Clients Hurt in Vehicle Collisions
Car accident attorneys in Ridgewood serving northern New Jersey
North Jersey can seem like a maze of highways and local roads, even to people who have lived here for decades. The area’s heavy traffic leads to numerous car crashes that injure drivers and passengers. If you’ve been hurt in a vehicle collision, you deserve a proven lawyer who focuses exclusively on maximizing the financial recovery for victims in auto accident litigation and other types of personal injury claims.
Dedicated firm helping car crash victims recover damages since 1976
Located in Ridgewood, Seigel Law handles motor vehicle accident claims for clients throughout northern New Jersey, including Bergen, Passaic, Essex and Hudson counties. Our dedicated lawyers and helpful staff are ready to assist you in recovering the compensation to which you are entitled.
Why you need a lawyer for your auto accident claim
A car accident is an unnerving experience, and even a seemingly minor fender-bender can cause you serious injuries and substantial financial hardship. More severe crashes can leave you with disabilities or fatally injure your loved one, and uninsured and hit-and-run accidents can add another element of complexity to the difficult events. Our legal team works to:
- Investigate your car, truck or motorcycle accident to develop a case strategy and collect important evidence
- Prepare your claim through meticulous discovery
- Identify liable parties and review whether common factors such as distraction, alcohol impairment, speeding, fatigue or road rage played a role in the crash
- Negotiate a settlement with the insurance companies in most cases
- File a lawsuit if an agreement as to the amount of damages you deserve is not reached
Though a quick payout might seem attractive, especially if your injuries temporarily prevent you from earning an income, it’s wise to speak with a qualified attorney first. Insurance companies know this and use it to their advantage. Our attorneys have negotiated with insurance companies since 1976. We understand their tactics and take decisive actions to counter them from the start.
We also recognize that getting prompt, quality medical care is crucial to your successful recovery. Under New Jersey’s no-fault personal injury protection (PIP) laws, your auto insurance company is required to pay your out-of-pocket medical expenses. Our lawyers make sure your insurer abides by this rule.
Although our lawyers successfully settle most claims for the maximum possible compensation, we are also renowned litigation attorneys ready to take cases to trial if we can reach better results.
Common injuries suffered in car accidents
Throughout North Jersey, we have obtained proper relief for car crash victims suffering from all types of injuries, including:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Neck and back damage
- Tears and strains of ligaments and muscles
- Broken bones
When it is necessary in order to win your case, we retain medical experts to testify about your condition and how it has affected you.
Steps you should take immediately after a car accident
Following your car accident, there are things you can do to help yourself and possibly bolster your legal position, such as:
- Notify emergency responders — No matter the circumstances that led to the crash, the well-being of everyone at the scene should be top priority. Call 911 immediately after the accident to summon police and any medical assistance that might be necessary.
- Take photographs of the scene — If everyone is safe, you can use your phone to take photos of the accident site and record your real-time impressions of what occurred.
- Obtain contact information — Be sure to get names and other contact information for everyone else involved in the crash, including witnesses and reporting police officers.
- Avoid discussions of fault — In the moments after a crash, some victims accuse the other party of negligence while others try to lower tensions by accepting responsibility. These conversations are not helpful. If fault is an issue, it will be decided much later, and you might say something that weakens your eventual case.
New Jersey’s statute of limitations for car accident lawsuits runs for two years, but the sooner you act, the sooner you can collect any financial recovery.
Contact an experienced New Jersey auto accident lawyer for a free consultation
Seigel Law focuses exclusively on personal injury recovery. Call our law firm at 201-444-4000 or contact us online to schedule your free consultation. From our office in Ridgewood, we represent injured clients throughout North Jersey, including Bergen, Passaic, Essex and Hudson counties. We can visit you in your home or at the hospital if your injuries prevent you from traveling to our office. You owe us no attorney fees unless we recover compensation for you.