NJ Catastrophic Injury Lawyers Aid Accident Victims Suffering Serious Harm
Catastrophic injury attorneys in Ridgewood serving northern New Jersey
While every ailment requiring medical treatment disrupts the victim’s life in some way, a catastrophic injury could permanently prevent someone from working and restoring their previous quality of life. At Seigel Law, we have helped our clients recover compensation for catastrophic injuries since our firm was established in 1976.
Firm helping catastrophic injury victims recover damages since 1976
From our Ridgewood office, our lawyers serve injury victims and their families in the communities of Hackensack, Fair Lawn, Teaneck, Garfield, Fort Lee, Newark, Jersey City, Paterson, Elizabeth and Clifton. Our team is truly committed to reaching the maximum possible settlement or verdict award in each and every case.
Common causes of catastrophic injuries
Our firm assists clients in a full range of catastrophic injury cases, such as those arising from:
- Auto accidents — Whether you’re on the Garden State Parkway or the street where you live, a severe motor vehicle accident can change your life in an instant. Though many New Jersey auto insurance claims are handled on a no-fault basis, in catastrophic cases, victims can pursue compensation from the at-fault motorist.
- Medical errors during childbirth — Doctors and nurses must act with the utmost professionalism during the birth process. If a mistake causes extreme and/or permanent harm to a child or mother under obstetric care, our firm fights for a legal resolution that addresses the damage that was done.
- Unsafe premises — Poor security or a failure to take proper safety measures might result in devastating injuries. You can count on us to take effective action against negligent property owners and other defendants in premises liability cases.
- Defective products — When a problem with a household appliance, vehicles, prescription drug or other type of product results in serious physical harm, we take on the manufacturers, designers and sellers who failed to meet their legal obligation.
No matter what your claim entails, you can rely on us for honest advice and aggressive advocacy as you seek to relieve some of the burden associated with your catastrophic injury.
Types of catastrophic injuries that result from negligence
Our firm handles a full range of catastrophic harm cases on behalf of New Jersey residents, including those related to:
- Brain and spinal cord injuries — Depending on the specific nature of a brain or spinal cord injury, the victim could lose significant cognitive function or even their ability to walk.
- Burns and electrocution injuries — The healing process from a severe burn or electrocution injury might last years and could require numerous, painful skin grafts. On top of that, you could end up with permanent scarring or a disfigurement that changes you forever.
- Loss of limb or body function — When you’ve lost a limb, your sight or your hearing, everyday tasks become serious challenges. In these cases, we create a comprehensive argument discussing the effects of these disabilities.
When a negligence victim does not survive, our firm represents New Jersey clients in wrongful death litigation so that surviving loved ones can collect some legal relief for their loss.
Why you need a lawyer for your catastrophic injury case
Without a strong background in handling catastrophic injury claims, calculating appropriate damages can seem like an impossible task. We recognize that no amount of money can undo what occurred, but our attorneys examine results in similar cases and consult with experts to present a well-supported argument. When preparing a demand for damages, we consider all of the relevant factors, including:
- Changes to your home, automobile and office to accommodate your disability
- Urgent care, hospital, pharmaceutical and treatment services
- Physical, vocational and occupational rehabilitation
- Your lifelong medical needs and treatments
- Reconstructive or plastic surgeries
- Lost income and diminished future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Having represented catastrophic injury victims for decades, we know the effect that a positive case result can have on their future. Accordingly, we do everything in our power to secure the largest financial recovery possible.
Contact a New Jersey catastrophic injury attorney for a free consultation
Located in Ridgewood, Seigel Law is a premier personal injury trial firm dedicated to helping those who have suffered catastrophic injuries get compensation. Call us at 201-444-4000 or contact us online to schedule an appointment at your home or the hospital if you are unable to come to our office. Your initial appointment is free, and your case is handled on a contingency fee basis — meaning you do not owe us attorney fees unless you win. We represent injury victims in Passaic, Bergen, Essex and Hudson counties as well as other locations throughout northern New Jersey.